The trees on your property look nice and beautiful. However, you need to remove a problem tree from your yard due to damage caused by a storm, or its roots are creating considerable damage to the concrete structure. Other concerns such as dangerously leaning, cracks in the trunk or insect infestation may also call for tree removal.
When do you need to call for a tree removal service? The following points will help you know what a damaged or dying tree looks like and when you need a tree removal expert.
- The tree’s exterior covering is falling off in sections around the trunk
- Large branches falling even when there hasn’t been a storm
- The crown’s leafy areas produce leaves later than other parts of the tree
- Mushrooms or other fungi grow at the base of the tree
- Sawdust piles on the ground around the tree
When nutrients can no longer make their way throughout the tree’s system, the tree starts to decay. If the tree is shedding its bark, branches are falling off, or areas such as the crown are not producing leaves, they are signs that the tree is not getting the proper nutrients it needs to survive.
It is best to call an expert in trees to assess the tree. It may be possible to save a tree or delay the process. Preventive and remedial actions may help the tree survive. Proper pruning of dead, dying, and weakly attached branches or installing structural support systems may help revitalize the tree. As long as the arborist finds a way to save a tree, tree removal is always a last resort.